Code of Conduct
Rama Krishna Mandir, Inc. (RKM) as an organization promotes an atmosphere that is very amicable, respectful and conductive to learning and worshiping. Our members are very dedicated to the cause and unite as a family to ensure things are done without bias.
The Mandir does not condone unethical behavior, including abusive and derogatory behaviors by any member. Harassment, including sexual harassment, is illegal and will not be tolerated. RKM takes firm disciplinary action of expulsion of any member engaged in unethical behaviors, and all instances of harassment are reported to local law enforcements. RKM believes that all members are entitled to be treated with respect, and thus, RKM strives to maintain a harassment-free environment for all of its members.
In order to establish a sense of divinity and serenity within the Mandir, please follow and maintain these guidelines:
- Smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages, or eating of non-vegetarian foods inside the Mandir is strictly prohibited.
- Footwear should be placed neatly at the side of the doors, or on the shoe racks provided at the front of the Mandir.
- Cellular or other electronic devices are to be turned off or on vibrate when inside the Mandir.
- Chairs are available to the elderly and disabled only, since there is only a limited amount.
- Maintain silence while Puja and discourses are being performed.
- Prasad is to be accepted with the highest regard and taken home, not left behind on the Mandir grounds.
- No running or playing inside the Mandir